With fourteen weeks gone and three to go on the NFL season, here's how we see the entire field, based on Bill Parcells' dictum that the best way to rate a team is by its-- well, by its won-lost record. Forthwith...
1. Panthers 13-0 They've still three weeks to go/To get that 16-0
2. Cardinals 11-2 Expect that they will peak/In season's final week
3. Patriots 11-2 AFC opponents fear/ Road to “50” leads through here
4. Bengals 10-3 The shape of things to come/May hang on Dalton's thumb
5. Broncos 10-3 Tough Raider loss at home/To Boston must they roam?
6. Packers 9-4 Oh yes, they're in the lead/But still not up to speed
7. Steelers 8-5 Beat Bengals big to gain/And three weeks yet remain
8. Chiefs 8-5 Seven straight, you bet/Is wild-card all they'll get?
9. Seahawks 8-5 Wilson's off the charts/And may still break some hearts
10. Vikings 8-5 If they win all 3 games/Then first place will they claim
11. Jets 8-5 To take that playoff ride/Will Bills and Pats decide?
12. Eagles 6-7 Two more division fights/Keep them awake at nights
13. Raiders 6-7 K-Mack's a superstar /And Carr behind ain't far
14. Redskins 6-7 They finally won on road/As Cousins' mettle showed
15. Giants 6-7 The schedule ain't their friend/Face Eagles at the end
16. Bills 6-7 Rex can talk the talk/But they haven't walked the walk
17. Buccaneers6-7 This loss leaves playoff hopes/A-hangin' on the ropes
18. Texans 6-7 Beat Indy in the 'Dome/And bring the bacon home
19. Colts 6-7 Can Luck or Hasselbeck/Keep Houston off their neck?
20. Falcons 6-7 The season's biggest flop/When will the losing stop?
21. Saints 5-8 A chance to win four straight/And finish 8-and-8
22. Jaguars 5-8 That thirty-nine-point run/They topped with fifty-one!
23. Rams 5-8 We all know they can win/When linemen block again
24. Bears 5-8 Can play a spoiler role/And put Vikings in a hole
25. Dolphins 5-8 Bet Campbell won't be here/When tee it up next year
26. Ravens 4-9 The ground has been well-tilled/It's time, John, to rebuild
27. Cowboys 4-9 One chance, it would appear/To wreck the Redskins' year
28. Lions 4-9 Has everyone been dozing?/The window may be closing!
29. 49ers 4-9 A moment of faint hope?/Remember: York's a dope
30. Titans 3-10 Mariota's past reproach/But who will be the coach?
31. Chargers 3-10 Is losing part of plan/To move to La-La-Land?
32. Browns 3-10 Why win? We know it's sick/Let's get that first draft pick!